In the spring of 1959, who could possibly have imagined what the next sixty years would hold? Only God.
Join us June 9 (Pentecost Sunday) to celebrate Harvard Avenue Christian Church turning SIXTY this year!
From our first worship service (Palm Sunday 1959) til now, God has led, inspired, challenged, comforted, built, and restored the people and the ministry and the witness at 5502 S Harvard Avenue.
Here are a few ’60 Years in 60 Seconds’ history highlights:
YOU are part of the Harvard Avenue Story.
To celebrate our 60th anniversary, share a Harvard Avenue Highlight.
In just a few sentences, tell us about:
– a funny moment; or
– a special event, class, or song; or
– a person (now or then) who influenced you; or
– a significant worship moment; or
– how you were helped in a time of need; or
– a lesson that sticks with you; or
– just a nod to someone that makes this place, and your faith, what it is.
You are welcome to include your name or ask to remain anonymous.
Join us at one of the Storytelling Stations in the Upper Commons, or email Hannah Lollman.
Watch this page for more about Sunday June 9 2019.
- ONE WORSHIP SERVICE (10:00am)
- SUPER-PICNIC (after worship)
- and maybe an evening after-party for a little more time with friends.
Life on The Ave is a good one. We celebrate every day we have to Be Loved, Believe, and Become together. Let’s get ready for the party!