The first two core values at Harvard Avenue Christian Church are ‘BE LOVED’ and ‘BELIEVE’. When we are welcomed into community, from wherever we’ve been and wherever we are, we can then find our way to a life of worship, study, prayer and fellowship where we can explore what we believe, and discover how it transforms our daily living.
- ‘Be Here’ information events – to help connect our visitors and new members to the life of the church
- Sunday School (Sunday, 10am)
- All of our adult Sunday School classes include Sunday 10am study options, plus service and fellowship gatherings throughout the year. (Click the class name to email for info.) You are welcome in any class at any time!
- BELIEVERS : An intentionally intergenerational adult class, following a weekly study guide for bible study and conversation about each Sunday’s scripture readings and sermon. (Rm 215)
- CHALLENGERS : Mostly retired and empty-nesters, this class invites speakers for lecture-style presentations on biblical, social justice, and local interest topics. (Chapel/Rm 107)
- DISCIPLES : Our retired-plus adults, built around study of scriptures and sermon topics, using the weekly congregational study guide. (Library/Rm 108)
- EXPLORERS : Younger adults, many with elementary and younger children, share leadership of this class, incorporating video series, book studies, and guest speakers on topics of personal and spiritual interest. (Rm 218)
- GENESIS : Active adults at midlife and older enjoy the leadership of a small teaching team, with studies especially focused on biblical concepts and spiritual growth. (Rm 216)
- SEEKERS : A mix of still-working and just-retired, this group engages topics of biblical interest, interfaith engagement, book study, current event engagement, and more. (Rm 217)
- See Children and Youth pages for accompanying Sunday School information.
- Ladies Breakfast/Study Club : Tuesday, 7:30 am
- Disciples Women : 2nd Thursday of the month, 1:00 pm (Sept – May)
- Book Group : open to men and women!, 3rd Thursday, 11:00am (Rm 217) (Sept – May)
- seasonal studies (Advent, Lent, summer)
HEALTH & FITNESS*
- Men’s Basketball : Monday, 6:30pm
- Yoga : Tuesday / Thursday, 8:30am & 10am
- Fitness for Life : Tuesdays / Thursday, 10am
- Pickleball : Tuesday (11:30am & 6:30pm) / Thursday (11:30am)
- Zumba : Tuesday / Thursday, 5:30pm
- seasonal opportunities (softball, golf tournaments, etc.)
* All Health & Fitness classes are in the Family Life Center, except 10am Yoga (Room 218).
- Mahjongg : Monday, 1:00pm (Rm 145)
- Craft Crowd : Tuesday, 9:30 am (Rm 212)
- Bridge : 1st and 4th Thursday, 1:00pm (Rm 145)
- Chancel Choir : Wednesday, 5:45 pm (Music Suite / Sanctuary)
- Handbell Choir : Tuesday, 5:30 pm (Rm 218)
- The Rising Worship Band : Thursday, 6:30 pm (Sanctuary)
+ The Library (Rm 108) and Chapel (Rm 107) are on the 1st floor, near the South/Sanctuary entrance.
+ The Family Life Center (gym) is on the 1st floor, nearest the West/Main entrance.
+ 200-level room numbers are 2nd floor, accessible by stairs and elevator, equidistant the West/Main and East/Harvard Ave entrances.