The day to day ministries of Harvard Avenue, not to mention the special projects and seasonal events, only happen because of dedicated volunteers using their gifts and faith to welcome, care, worship, and serve within the church, creating a culture of hospitality and faithfulness for our community, and for all who meet us here.
Email us for more information and to get connected to these ministries!
Hospitality & Welcome
- greeters – welcome worshipers and direct them through the building
- Welcome Center hosts – greet new worshipers, offer welcome gifts and info about Harvard Ave
- Connectors – brief phone calls to answer questions and extend invitations to new participants
- coffee & donuts – be everyone’s hero, provide a delicious way to gather on Sunday mornings!
- prayer groups – pray for concerns and celebrations of the community; write to those prayed for
- HACC@Home – calls and visits to home-centered members
- bereavement care – prepare and host receptions and/or family lunches for memorial services
- casserole theology – care for those in grief, illness, or celebration by bringing a meal to their home
- Stephen Ministry – lay leaders trained in active listening & spiritual support for times of crisis
- repairs and maintenance – change light bulbs, hang pictures, assemble small items, minor repairs
- landscaping and flowers – weed and refresh flowerbeds and walkways
- interior – water and refresh plants in narthex, commons, and welcome centers
- event prep – set up / tear down of tables, chairs, etc., for special (large) events
- welcome / reception – answer the phones and welcome guests and vendors (esp Friday, 9am-1pm)
- newsletter / mailings – monthly rotation to prepare (fold/sort) newsletter & other special mailings
- worship bulletin – monthly rotation to prepare (fold/insert) Sunday worship bulletins
Children & Youth
- Sunday School shepherd – assist teacher/worship leaders, preschool-5th grade (1x monthly)
- special event volunteer – help with games, music, crafts, registration; fall/spring festivals, VBS, etc.
- Sunday School teacher – children (preK-5th) & youth (6th-12th gr); prepared curriculum (rotation)
- Wednesday Youth sponsor – join 6th-12th graders for worship, study, service (1x monthly)
- small group leader – organize short-term or ongoing conversations, by group, topic, theme, season
- study series host – assist with registration, book purchase, and leading group conversations
- special events – help plan one-day workshops, retreats, or other study events
- choir, bells, music – sing, ring, or play with our worship teams at either service
- deacon – prepare sanctuary, greet and serve worshippers (1x monthly)
- seasonal displays – decorate worship space and commons areas to mark liturgical seasons
- scene set – create visual displays to enhance sermon series themes