At Harvard Avenue Christian Church we are rooted in faithful community. When we are welcomed, from wherever we’ve been and wherever we are, we can then find our way to a life of worship, study, prayer and fellowship where we can explore what we believe, and discover how it transforms our daily living.
- Discover Harvard Avenue is a class for guests who are considering joining our church. They happen on the second Wednesday of every month in room 108 at 6:30p. Pastor David leads the class and will answer questions about who we are, what we do, how to connect, and what it means to be a part of our faith community. It’s also a fun opportunity to meet other newcomers. Would you like to join us for our next class? Come learn about our church family!
+ Sunday School (Sunday, 9:30am)
- All of our adult Sunday School classes include Sunday morning study options, plus service and fellowship gatherings throughout the year. (Click the class name to email for info.) You are welcome in any class at any time!
- * Several of our classes have been on hiatus during COVID-19 protocols, and will regroup and restart as our protocols are fully lifted. *
- CHALLENGERS : Mostly retired and empty-nesters, this class invites speakers for lecture-style presentations on biblical, social justice, and local interest topics. (Chapel/Rm 107)
- DISCIPLES : Our retired-plus adults, built around study of scriptures and sermon topics, using the weekly congregational study guide. (Library/Rm 108)
- See Children and Youth pages for accompanying Sunday School information.
+ Other Study & Fellowship Groups
- Disciples Women : 2nd Thursday of the month, 1:00 pm (Sept – May)
- Book Group @ Harvard Ave : open to men and women, 3rd Thursday, 11:00am (Rm 217) (Sept – May, click the link for schedule and readings)
- seasonal studies (Advent, Lent, summer)
HEALTH & FITNESS
All Health & Fitness classes are in the Family Life Center, except 10am Yoga (Room 216).
See the Health & Fitness page for more info:
- Yoga : Tuesday / Thursday, 8:30am (Level 1) & 10am (Level 2)
- Fitness for Life : Tuesday / Thursday, 10am
- Pickleball : Monday / Wednesday/ Thursday (12noon – 3pm)
- Zumba : Tuesday / Thursday, 5:30pm
- seasonal opportunities (softball, golf tournaments, etc.)
- Mahjongg : Monday, 1:00pm (Library)
- Ladies Breakfast Club : Tuesday, 7:30 am
- Craft Crowd : Tuesday / Thursday, 9:30 am (Rm 212)
- Chancel Choir : Wednesday, 5:45 pm (Music Suite / Sanctuary) *currently on hiatus*
- Handbell Choir : Tuesday, 5:30 pm (Rm 218)
- The Modern Worship Band : Thursday, 6:30 pm (Sanctuary)
+ The LIBRARY (Rm 108) and CHAPEL (Rm 107) are on the 1st floor, near the South/Sanctuary entrance.
+ The FAMILY LIFE CENTER (gym) is on the 1st floor, nearest the West/Main entrance.
+ 200-level room numbers are 2ND FLOOR, accessible by stairs and elevator