At Harvard Avenue Christian Church we are rooted in faithful community. When we are welcomed, from wherever we’ve been and wherever we are, we can then find our way to a life of worship, study, prayer and fellowship where we can explore what we believe, and discover how it transforms our daily living.
- Find Your Welcome newcomer/inquiry events – casual gatherings, in person and online, to help connect our visitors and new members to the life of the church
+ Sunday School (Sunday, 9:00am & 10:30am)
- All of our adult Sunday School classes include Sunday morning study options, plus service and fellowship gatherings throughout the year. (Click the class name to email for info.) You are welcome in any class at any time!
- * Several of our classes have been on hiatus during COVID-19 protocols, and will regroup and restart as our protocols are fully lifted. *
- CHALLENGERS : Mostly retired and empty-nesters, this class invites speakers for lecture-style presentations on biblical, social justice, and local interest topics. (Chapel/Rm 107)
- DISCIPLES : Our retired-plus adults, built around study of scriptures and sermon topics, using the weekly congregational study guide. (Library/Rm 108)
- See Children and Youth pages for accompanying Sunday School information.
+ Study Series @ Harvard Ave (Sunday, 9:00am & 10:30am)
A strong commitment to faith development has always been in our DNA. The STUDY SERIES @ HARVARD AVE is a series of lectures, panels, and conversations to inform, form, and transform.
Exploring a wide range of topics, the Study Series is perfect for those who are not already connected to an ongoing Sunday School class; those whose group is on hiatus; or groups who want to spend a few weeks attending together before heading back to their regular schedule.
+ Life Groups (coming in February 2022)
+ Other Study & Fellowship Groups
- Disciples Women : 2nd Thursday of the month, 1:00 pm (Sept – May)
- Book Group @ Harvard Ave : open to men and women, 3rd Thursday, 11:00am (Rm 217) (Sept – May, click the link for schedule and readings)
- seasonal studies (Advent, Lent, summer)
HEALTH & FITNESS
All Health & Fitness classes are in the Family Life Center, except 10am Yoga (Room 216).
See the Health & Fitness page for more info:
- Yoga : Tuesday / Thursday, 8:30am (Level 1) & 10am (Level 2)
- Fitness for Life : Tuesday / Thursday, 10am
- Pickleball : Monday / Wednesday (12noon – 3pm)
- Zumba : Tuesday / Thursday, 5:30pm
- seasonal opportunities (softball, golf tournaments, etc.)
- Mahjongg : Monday, 1:00pm (Library)
- Ladies Breakfast Club : Tuesday, 7:30 am
- Craft Crowd : Tuesday / Thursday, 9:30 am (Rm 212)
- Chancel Choir : Wednesday, 5:45 pm (Music Suite / Sanctuary) *currently on hiatus*
- Handbell Choir : Tuesday, 5:30 pm (Rm 218)
- The Rising Worship Band : Thursday, 6:30 pm (Sanctuary)
+ The LIBRARY (Rm 108) and CHAPEL (Rm 107) are on the 1st floor, near the South/Sanctuary entrance.
+ The FAMILY LIFE CENTER (gym) is on the 1st floor, nearest the West/Main entrance.
+ 200-level room numbers are 2ND FLOOR, accessible by stairs and elevator